Monday 16 June 2008

Sisters - Rhys Almost Caused Car Pile-up On La Road


BROTHERS + SISTERS star MATTHEW RHYS once almost caused a multi-car pile up in Los Angeles by driving on the wrong side of a road - because he is so used to traffic rules in his native Britain.

The Welsh star had just returned home to Los Angeles after a trip to the U.K. when he took to the left hand side of the road - to the horror of other drivers.

Rhys recalls, "This poor woman was driving towards me.

"I was there, 100 per cent in my conviction that I was in the right, gesticulating at her, and she panicked, because I was so convinced, and she wasn't sure what she was doing wrong."

But the 33-year-old noticed his mistake just in time and narrowly avoided a major road accident.

He adds, "I suddenly realised I was on the wrong side of the road and felt awful."





See Also